Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Gun  (Read 27 times)

Blue_Bit

• BYOND username: Blue Bit
    • View Profile
New Gun
« on: July 16, 2017, 02:08:49 AM »

Hey what's up people. In my quest to understand byond code and get better at spriting, I made a new gun:

I didn't make it from scratch, I used the gyro pistol as a base and edited that to make this sexy thing. Here's the gyro pistol:

Last image, it should be noted that the lil' gray part above the glowy bit is transparent, the bit with the red arrow pointing to it:

Anyways, I wanted to make a real high-end looking gun. Now, nothing wrong with the guns we currently have, I just wanted a laser pistol that looks really professional. Right now, it's got an internal reactor and three firing modes, basically a hand-held advanced energy gun. However, I dunno how to do this without it becoming very OP. It could be obtainable only through certain means. Either there's one in the HoS' locker, making it their unique weapon. It could be obtainable through science, or lump it in with the advanced energy weapons crate from cargo. Maybe only get it through xenoarch? Or you could have only NT personnel carry it, so those guys from CC have a nice reliable weapon.
Lastly, when messing around with the code on this thing, I adding a fourth firing mode: ion. I dunno though, four firing modes and self-charging and it being pistol sized...I dunno. Anyways, suggestions please. Lemme know what you think. How should it be obtained? Should it be obtainable, or only have certain jobs start with it (HoS/CC employees). Should it also have the ion feature? Do you think it's shit and we have enough guns already? Oh yeah and it also needs a name. Post away!
Pages: [1]   Go Up